Studies, field observations and interactions reveal that most the women are unable to access mainstream financial services – mainly due to stigma attached to their occupation and in majority of the cases .....
About Swathi Mahila Sangha
Swathi Mahila Sangha (SMS) is a collective of Women in distress and different circumstances in Bangalore. It is primarily a membership based organization having more than 8500 members. SMS was established in 2003, registered under Karnataka Societies Act. SMS is a collaborating partner of SWASTI a health resource centre. .....
Salient Features of Swathi Jyoti:
- Managed and owned by women in sex work
- Tangible products and services – savings and credit
- Safe and secured place for savings
- Contibuting to HIV prevention and Addressing the women vulnerabilities
- Contibuting to Swathi Mahila Sangha Growth